Drug reform is about so much more than drugs, it’s about:
Respecting People’s Freedom and Autonomy
- Respect for a person’s freedom and autonomy should be the default rule in a free society.
- Responsible drug use that does not harm others should not be punished.
Restoring Civil Liberties
- Reforming Asset Forfeiture Laws
- Restoring the Fourth Amendment
- Reversing the Militarization of Our Police
Protecting Private Citizens & Law Enforcement Officers
- Reducing Gang Warfare, Gun Crime, and Violent Crime
- Re-establishing Trust between Citizens & Police
- Focusing Law Enforcement Resources on Violent Crime and Property Crime
Supporting Individuals, Families, and Communities in Need
- Enabling addicts and victims of abuse to get the help they need
- Stopping the assault on disadvantaged communities and families
- Closing racial disparities and education gaps
- Limiting the overcriminalization of our private lives
- Lowering stratospheric incarceration rates
- Reducing disenfranchisement, especially of young black men
- Lowering the Costs of Government
- Refocusing Public Resources Intelligently
I propose truly legalizing marijuana in Washington, decriminalizing harder drugs, and adopting a rational, evidence-based regulatory policy.
What You Should Know About Drug Prohibition:
Why Are So Many Violent Criminals Walking Free?:
Racial Inequality in the Criminal Justice System:
Please share this post. We can't spread liberty without you!